Finished this up today from a workshop I took in February. Sometimes you only learn one or 2 things but this was a little smorgasbord of techniques!
What it promised:
- how to use some decorative stitches on your sewing machine
- the functions of a twin needle and wing needle (had them but had no idea what to do with them)
- the quilt-as-you-go technique
What I got in addition:
- how to make circles without the use of a $50 attachment
- how to make a monogram without an embroidery machine
- how to use 1 inch strips of batting (which might normally be thrown away) and strips of fabric to make a basket weave block
This is not Modern Quilting – looks more like an heirloom piece to me – but I love it!
Thank you, Susan Gatewood, wherever you are.